AFRIKA KOMMT! is a joint initiative for capacity building of leading German companies. It aims at young highly qualified professionals from Sub-Saharan African countries with several years of working experience on the job.
During a 12-month stay in Germany, an 8-month internship in one of the participating companies forms the heart of the program. The internship gives participants the opportunity to gain first-hand experience of management practice and to participate in economic, social and organisational change processes and will enable them to establish a network between cooperation partners from their home companies and German companies.
QUALIFICATION/LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE
• University degree in one of the following areas: Business Administration, Chemistry, Computer Science / Information Technology, Business Information, Communication, Economics, Humanities, Human Resources, Industrial-, Mechanical- , Process-, Electrical Engineering, Finance, Healthcare, Law, Life Science, Marketing, Medicine, Pharmacy, Physics, Product Management, Sales, Social Sciences, Supply Chain Management
• Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) is an advantage
• Two to five years of relevant work experience
• Excellent English languages skills
• French, Portuguese and German skills are an advantage
• Intercultural competencies, open to new experiences abroad and willing to learn German
• Roundtrip airfare to and from Germany, travel and accommodation in Germany
• Fees for German language courses
• Living allowance
• Coverage of health insurance, accident insurance and liability insurance
• International Management Training (IMT) courses
• Relocation fee
Applications for the AFRIKA KOMMT! Program cycle from 2016 – 2018 can be submitted until 03 February 2017 through the online application form on www.afrika-kommt.de only.
Successful candidates will be invited to an assessment centre in Africa in April/May 2017.
In cooperation with